Intro Text

"Camilla: Indeed it's time. We all have laid aside disguise but you.
Stranger: I wear no mask."
- Robert W. Chambers, The King in Yellow

Pages

Saturday 13 August 2016

Messages From Outer Space



Staring thoughtfully at the title of this blog, you may want to ask: “What on Earth is a Stardigger?” Good question. To begin with, I am not on Earth at all. I am currently on an expedition to the distant Planet Thror, countless light-years away from our small green planet, traversing the desert wastes on my trusty quadspacerover in search of lost ancient tombs. I am an Outer Space Archaeologist. Romantically put, that means I “dig in the stars”. You can read all about it in my Young Adult Science Fiction novel, Digging in the Stars, upcoming from Blaze Publishing in the Spring of 2017. (The cover has not been unveiled yet, but you can check out the Goodreads page here or the official Blaze page here for a full synopsis and other details.)

I have vainly attempted to add an “About Me” page, but have so far been unsuccessful. The internet here on Planet Thror is almost nonexistent. The strongest signal is available at the spaceport but I can’t hang around there all day. Too many unsavory types. In the meantime, I have added an outrageously clunky sidebar to the left so that you can get some idea of the person behind the protective space helmet. I promise to remedy this as soon as I return to my Earth-based office in the Archeology of Outer Space Department. It’s a pleasure to meet you.

I am making many exciting discoveries on this little-known volcanic planet, getting to know the locals, and learning a great deal about ancient Throrian art and history. I will be continuing my transmissions from Thror on a regular basis, sharing tales of my thrilling and perilous adventures and posting images of the inspiring, mysterious and sometimes downright terrifying things that I encounter. If I manage to return to Earth in one piece (which is not entirely guaranteed) I will also be posting information on online and in-person events as the book launch for Digging in the Stars approaches.

I hope you will join me on this journey!
Katherine Blakeney, Stardigger








No comments:

Post a Comment